We hope you’ll be happy with the services we provide at the Portman Early Childhood Centre. We try to provide an excellent service at all times.  But, if you are concerned about something at the centre and need to complain, we want to hear from you.

We take complaints very seriously and we’ll deal with  your complaint properly. We’ll give you an answer and try to sort out your complaint with you in a way that you are satisfied.

How do I make a complaint?

We have a formal  procedure for dealing with complaints. Problems can often be sorted out very easily and quickly, so first of all it’s best to talk to your child’s Family Worker if your child attends the nursery. If this doesn’t sort out the problem for you we’ll arrange a meeting for you to discuss your concern with the Head of Centre.

If you attend any other services and wish to make a complaint, you should make an appointment to meet the Head of Centre.  The next stages may involve the Governors and finally Westminster City Council (Children’s Services) if necessary.

You can talk  to the Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED) directly at any time.  It is the government organisation that registers and inspects all nurseries and is therefore well placed to give advise and support if as a parent or carer you have anxieties or complaints about anything that is happening in the centre.

OFSTED (Office for Standards in Education)

33, Kingsway,

London WC2B 6SE

Tel: 0845 601 4771


How can I find out more?

If you would like a copy of our complaints procedure or if you have a complaint please call or write to Julie Kavanagh on the numbers or address above.